Cockroach Types (Species) Roaches type List
Roaches are most common insect in all part of the world. Approx 4500 species identified out of that some common species find around human settlements. Common cockroaches are American, German, Oriental, Brown Bended, Australian, Smoky brown.
Cockroaches common problem in all over world UK, New Zealand, also in America, Australia and India. Cockroach mainly like warmth and humid place to live, growth and for mating. But few species like to live in cold places.
- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Arthropoda
- Class: Insecta
- Order: Blattaria
- Location – All part of the world
- Diet: Omnivore
- Average life span: Eighteen months
- Color: Brown to black to tan
- Special feature: Brain fitted in body not head and long antennae
Scientific Name of Cockroach – Blattaria
They can live anywhere and everywhere (around human settlement), can survive on decaying organic material. Roach life cycle have main three phases like Egg-Nymph-Adult. Huge number of species identified around all of the world. But very few species generally crawls near human living area and one of the most adaptable animal to human habitats.
Around 5-6 species are most common let’s know about them & their living process
List of Cockroaches species
- American Cockroach
- German Cockroach
- Oriental Cockroach
- Brown Banded Cockroach
- Australian Cockroach
- Dubia Cockroach
- Florida Woods Cockroach
- Smoky Brown Cockroach
- Scientific name of german roach Blattella germanica
- Colour Yellowish brown
- Length 10-15 mm long
- Interesting One of the smallest domestic rocah.
- Egg Female roach carry egg case (ootheca) 1-2 days before youngs come out (A female roach can produce up to 40 eggs in a single time)
They can eat anything (human or pet foods). But preference starch, meats, breads, gravies, glu. They can survive upto thirty days but will dehydrate without water within two weeks.
- Scientific Name of American roach Periplaneta americana
- Color Shiny reddish to chocolate brown
- Length 35-40 mm long
- Interesting Largest domestic roach and which occur around the world
- Egg Female roach egg case generally 8-10 mm length and contain 16 eggs.
They mainly prefer decaying organic matter but can eat anything. Apart that sweets attract american roach. Also feed on starchy items like book binding and back of wallpapers.
- Scientific Name of Oriental roach Blatta orientalis
- Color Blackish
- Length 20-27mm long
- Interesting Found mainly in cool temperature
- Egg Female roach egg case is 10-12 mm long and contain 16 eggs
Anything including decaying organic matter, trash, human or pet food. They like low temperature.
Roach types with description
- Scientific name of Brown Banded Roach Supella longipalpa
- Color They has yellow to brown bands
- Length 10-14 mm long
- Interesting They occurs around the world
- Eggs Female roach egg case 4-5 mm long and generally contain 16 eggs.
Color dye, stamps, envelopes, books, bodily fluids, decaying matter also as scavengers that will eat almost anything.
- Scientific Name of Australian roach Periplaneta australasiae
- Color It has pale yellow strips on each forewings extending for about one third of its length.
- Length 31-37 mm long
- Interesting Mainly occurs in tropical and subtropical areas, Similar to american roach but darker and smaller in size.
- Eggs Female roach egg case carry 22-24 eggs.
Mainly feed on plant material and decaying material. Also eat starchy, cloths home materials.
Therefore lots of species around the world List of Cockroach species & description will be provided. Also Cockroach insects flattened from top to bottom. It has one pair of long antennae. They have wings but rarely fly but walk very fast.
Here Name list of some interesting species of roaches
- Dubia roach
- Florida woods cockroach
- Pennsylvania wood roach
- Blaberus Giganteus
- Also Smoky brown cockroach
- Cuban Roach
- Western wood roach
Cockroaches species in America – Mainly 4-5 species found in America like German, American. Also Oriental, Brown Banded, Oriental, Cuban roach, western wood. But around 70 species found in United state. Roach is a common problem in US.
Cockroaches Species in New Zealand NZ – Roach a common household pest in NZ. Most common species American, German. Also Native bush cockroach, Gisborne roach, Black roach.
Also Know about – Cockroach Bite & Remedies
Cockroach species in India – A huge number of species identified in India. Most common German, America, also Brown banded, Asian and Oriental cockroaches.