Cockroach Infestation Signs ~ Treatment Roach Smell in House
Roach have been existence for about 350 million years, one of the imp group of pests in urban area. Approx 4000 species identified in all over the world. Cockroach not only spoil food and eatables but also transfer pathogen, bacteria and harmful substance. It cause various allergic reaction, disease.
Pathogenic organism associated with roach. These includes virus, bacteria, fungi, protozoa, helminthes. Out of thousand of species, few species generally found around human settlement. It considered as potential mechanical vector of human diseases and nosocomial infections.
Common roach species
- German Cockroach (World wide distribution and species reported as common indoor pest.)
- Oriental Cockroach
- American Cockroach
- Australian Cockroach
- Brown-Banded Cockroach
- Smoky Brown Cockroach
- Dubia Cockroach
- Florida Woods Cockroach
German, American and Oriental roach, most common species & caused health problems in urban communities. Like Residential, hotels, buildings, hospitals, restaurants and shopping.
Infestation – Generally a large number of pests or insects in a place, typically as to cause damage or disease.
Where do Cockroaches Hide?
- Roaches are nocturnal in nature (like to hide and live in dark place). They active in night, on the other hand if cockroach seen during day is a possible sign of infestation.
Favorite place – Warm, humid and dark place
Places – Inside motor, bathroom, kitchen, drains, floor and wall crack, sink, bookstore, stored material (cardboard boxes) and others
Roach have flattened body and easily pass through small areas.
During infestation roach dropping (feces) will be visible and quantity of visible feces a good indicator of infestation (indicator or duration). Unpleasant odors some species emit obnoxious smell. Extreme infestation musty or oily smell may be present.
Cockroaches Infestation Signs
- Shed Skins Roach shed nymph skins casts 5-8 times before mature stage. These sheds are usually found close to where roaches sheltering.
- Unusual Smell Cockroach infestation smell – Establishment cockroach infestation produce a lingering or unpleasant smell (better sign of extreme infestation). But german roach can produce it’s own smell.
- Roach Droppings It will produce brown or black cylindrical droppings (about 2 mm long).
- Smear marks If abundant water available near infestation area, they produce brown & irregular shaped smear marks.
Check bathroom, drains, kitchen, laundry room, basement, book shelves & cardboards and other.
Most common species around human settlements, Total 4-5 species generally occur around human living area. They can eat almost everything like toothpaste, soap, glu, starchy food, human food and other.
Roach Infestation Treatment
- First of all examine roaches hide place (where they live and increase their number.
- First Step – Identify problem area with glue strips and flashlight.
- Examine affected area and hiding spot. Monitor those area with the help of flashlight and glue strips. Strips in high traffic place will catch more cockroaches. These place need treatment.
- Second Step – Use caulk to fill gaps to prevent further infestation – Use caulk to fill all gaps between tile and walls. It is effective method to reduce roaches number.
- Gel Baits stations can also effectively reduce cockroach population.
- Chemical Method – Boric Acid powder – It’s a chemical substance found in detergent and toothpaste, soap known as best roach killers. Boric acid deadly to roaches, Usually this method is used to reduce or get rid of roaches.
- Pest Management Professional – For special treatment call to professionals (pest control team.
So Roach infestation is a serious problem for humans. Roaches generally spread various bacterial, viral and other disease. Generally roaches search for hide place, which in near to food and water. Place like Kitchen, Bathroom, Drains, Books, back side of wallpaper. They infest to increase their number and to live. Check Cockroach Infestation in House.
Cockroach Infestation in Kitchen – Sink, Refrigerator, Cardboard box, Stove, backside of oven and other machines
Cockroach Infestation in Bathroom – Near Commode or toilet seats, Drains, back side of cupboard, bathtub and other places.